Thursday, November 7, 2013

November!

In 20 days I celebrate the painful passing of my sweet, beloved Uncle Manny.  Oh God, I miss him so much, but this year I've worked really hard in convincing myself that when people go, it's to rest in eternal peace, joy, and happiness- everything we couldn't find in living form on Earth. =)

But anyway, I have good news, bad news, and middle ground updates.  Good or bad first?  Let's go with the bad.

Bad news, I went to get a glasses prescription because I felt ready to obtain a driver's license.  Well, in order to get a permit, I definitely needed glasses so there I went, only to realize that I have lost vision on the upper range of my left eye due to an optical tear that happened I don't know when and hasn't healed completely.  From there, I went to an ophthalmologist, and they saw a weakening of the nerves and possible detachment thereof.  It has been the hardest news to realize that my vision is going, and I cannot imagine my life with half-vision, but I think I've come to terms with it.  I have a follow-up check up in February of next year and the ophthalmologist hopes that with my new glasses, my eye will heal a little better.  Fingers crossed, positive thoughts, and discipline to eat healthy and wear my glasses every day!

Good news, the reason I wanted a driver's license was because I finally got a car.  It's a Datsun 280ZX and I named her Lisa.  She's absolutely gorgeous.  I'll post photos soon.

Middle ground update, I can't get a driver's permit (let alone a license) until my eye's get their shit together. Haha.

That's it for the update.  I can't complain.  Me and my Charlotte can conquer the world. Bahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment