Friday, July 26, 2013

Everything Else

Once you take a moment to evaluate your surroundings, everything else in life can wait.

I've been incessantly sick, on and off since late April. I guess things just happened one after another.
It all started with a common cold, after which (and to this day in almost August), I haven't been able to quite get a pop from my ears.
Then came the very ugly food poisoning and oh my goodness was that painful and unnecessary. Days after the food poisoning, I experienced a decent but "crampier" period, and about a week after that, I fell sick with bronchitis (ain't nobody got time for that). The cough is 90% gone, the fat people breathing is still 70% there, and the phlegm in my throat is just chillin' there.

Just grand.

But I won't complain. Most days I do feel really good. My friend brought over a cat, so she keeps me company when I am home alone. However, she has claimed Luis as her personal territory and spends a greater part of her day coming up to me to bite me. It used to be cute but that really hurts now. The only time she was being indifferent about my presence is whenever Luis was home but now she doesn't care, she attacks me either way.
I don't think I want her as my cat. Haha.

With the exception of Anime Expo, my cousins Jose and David have been coming over every weekend, regardless of whether I work or not. It's all good. Jose brings over some cool board games such as Pandemic and Catan, and they each take at least an hour to finish playing. Their mom is getting in the habit of sending food over whenever they're coming over so we don't starve- which I really appreciate.

I still go to work, not as much as I'd like, but the week I finally had hours, I called in sick one day. Grrr.

Oh yeah, Luis bought me a DS off of Craigslist. I'm in love with it...and I'm gonna play now. (Insert smiley face here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment